onsdag 22 september 2010

LightSwitch - Errors

In case any of the (10 or so) who read this blog felt like it was time to try out LightSwitch themselves, I post this one about an error you might receive.
It turns out that some of us receive an error about missing assemblies when creating a lightswitch project. I received this one myself on one of my machines where I had Vs2010 and the Silverlight packages already installed.
This error has to do with WCF RIA services and the order of the installation. Some googling on the subject will give you more details about it.

The solution is to uninstall WCF RIA services, download it from silverlight.net and then install it again. If you have problems with that (yes I had that to), you might have to do some registry hacking as explained here.
(I only needed to remove the first entries in his list, then it worked for me)

Well, can't be to easy to get the environment running, can it??

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar